Monday, August 24, 2009

JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN...

...does not always mean you should. The ethics of beauty retouching - how far is too far! This topic has perplexed me for sometime and I know it does not take much to freeze me into the headlights but I think it really requires a bit of thought(the ethics that is). The following video shows a normal speed (I wish) sample of a retouch job. Now for the sake of showing techniques I show what IS possible, but think for a moment about what you require for delivery to your client. A nip and tuck here and there never hurt anybody - maybe. I enjoy post production work. Truly I do!
But ask yourself what you are doing and better yet why you are doing it. It has never been intended to be there as a reason for poor photography - more about making great photography even greater. Taking it to places that excite ones imagination not to mention the workflow advantages and do overs. I am appearing at PhotoPlus 2009 and have 2 sessions, one on HDR and the other on Glamour Retouching. We'll dig in and show how we can solve problems as a retoucher and we may also ask a few questions about when and why? Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment