Sunday, April 4, 2010

3D - stereoscopy???





Image of a madman and a madwoman? Maybe. Mark and Allie stand responsible for my dive into the rabbit hole of 3D. I cannot and do not really want to come out right now. As a matter of fact with some of the CS5 previews I have seen, this may be a solid direction, who knows? At least for now it offers a number of very cool possibilities on what once was a 2D space. Where it stops - no one knows. I will be posting a video tutorial on the technique I am using for this effect. There are folks like Mark and Allie that are taking a more "traditional" approach in that they are experimenting with real stereoscopic photography. Me I just prefer to fake it - after all what is "real" anymore. (ha) More to come...
***by the way - all of this 3D stuff needs to be viewed with the magenta/green glasses.

You can see samples of my fakery here...3D

No comments:

Post a Comment