Friday, December 12, 2008

HDR, it all started when...

Let's start with some HDR...
I was out photographing detailed landscapes in search of scenes that had a higher dynamic range than my camera could capture in one frame.  I was looking for scenes with a lot of detail and contrast.  I was out with 2 photographer friends of mine, Mark Nadeau and Lenny Rumpler when we rolled passed this barn that was falling down.  We got permission to shoot it and proceeded to do so.  Later that day I began processing and merging exposures to HDR.  A recent reader of Ben Wilmore and his techniques helped get me started.  I was using Photomatix as a trial and only needed to see the first image to realize how much potential this really had.  This image was one of the first I processed and remember just looking at my monitor and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment